Sunday, December 28, 2008

Final New Moon of the year



Yesterday was the New Moon. I'm just celebrating this today. I just got this cool book called Awe-Manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder by Jill Badonsky. I couldn't resist it at Barnes and Noble. I have her first book The Nine Modern Muses and A Bodyguard which I loved. Her new book is chock full of creative fun and adventure.

For 2009, I'm all about stepping up in my creative and artistic life. Swanofdreamers has helped to spark new ideas which I'm excited about. Time to smash barriers and expectations.

On this New Moon and fitting for the close of the year: I am getting out of my own way. What is working in my life, I embrace. What is not working, I release gracefully.

Sweet dreams to you all.

5 comments:

Her Speak said...

What a fantastic animation!

Here's to art and joy in the new year!

Many Blissings~*
Molly

Lilli Blue said...

Great blog. I loved your tribute to Eartha Kitt. She was wonderful.
Have a Happy New Year Shell. You are a soulful lady. blessings, Lilli

Lisa said...

Releasing what is not working is so important and I think we often forget to do it! Thanks for the reminder.

Kathryn Costa said...

I am not always so graceful when I'm releasing things. It is something I hope to get better at. The book looks like it will be filled with inspiration. A friend of mine took the creativity coaching certification from Jill and raves about her.

Here's to finding our way, creatively in 2009!

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh those books sound so wonderful! Too bad my library doesn't carry them, I checked. I hope the new moon was gentle with you and helped you let go of things that are no longer working for you.

Soap dogs?! LMAO! GREAT story Shell, thank you!

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...