Friday, October 24, 2008

Wabi Sabi

I've been in a I-don't-care-mode since Tuesday. Mostly, the only things I care about is blogging and walking. Which would be cool except I have a slew of other things I have to attend to: job hunting, new pictures, my Dark Knight, etc. The energy is not there. I'm burnt out over all the wacky drama in my life. As Qui-Gon says Feel, don't think. I don't like to fight how I feel, I rather go with the feeling until it flows out. I'm in wabi sabi mode.

It is a Japanese term that in my understanding is accepting the beauty of imperfections. Embracing all of it: the good, the bad, the ugly, the sad, the scary, the ridiculous, the unbelievable. I'm am now in Wabi sabi mode. Embrace all the wonderful imperfections of my life as it now. Let things in my life just be.

Anakin lent me his camera. Here I am in all my Wabi Sabi glory. This is from yesterday(the green shirt) and today(the blue shirt): with just a hint of lip gloss, no fuss, no lights. Just me. Just Shell. Wabi Sabi everyone. Have a wonderful Friday.



10 comments:

Laurie said...

I love that Wabi Sabi!!
...and Shell I think you are gorgeous!!

Keith said...

Great pictures of you! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Take good care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shell, That's where I've been the past week. All these things to do...but I just don't wanna do 'em. Just wanna "be" for now. Didn't know about Wabi Sabi. Thanks for letting me in on it!

Thanks for backing me up on my wish at Wishcasting. May the force be with you! Serena

P.S. You look great in green! Great photos.

Melissa B. said...

Greetings from Virginia, which, of course, is for Lovers, Politics & History! Thanks so much for dropping in for my BATW Day in the Sun...Love your blog & REALLY love this particular post! Please drop by to see me again sometime soon!

Unknown said...

You look adorable and when you smile your whole face lights up. I hope that god things come your way soon. Chin up. It's a tough time for everyone right now. You are not alone and sometimes it helps to be reminded of that. Best wishes on the job search. I love the Wabi sabi saying.
Tammy ;-D

tea time and roses said...

Hello Shell!!

Wabi Sabi back at you, and aren't you the cute one and boy what a beautiful smile! :o) Shell you write beautifully!

Smiles...

Beverly

Joelle Dolce Bebe said...

Love the Wabi Sabi thing!!!
Your smile does brighten up a room...YOU do not even need makeup!
Keep doing your thing...you keep adding fuel to that creative fire thats burning... so patience is a vertue... Im excited to see the video!!!
Cheers!
Joelle XO

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

you are very pretty and green is the best on you ;-)

brightstarr said...

Gorgeous eyes that match the beautiful hair color. Luvs it! Btw, some people seem to smile from the inside out...it really seems like you do that. Teach me.

Emily said...

I love the idea of wabi sabi - the imperfect IS the perfect in all its imperfection.
Lord knows I am as imperfect as anyone, no, MORE!
I embrace this.
Thanks for reminding me of this.

Wordless Wednesday: Spring