Saturday, April 23, 2016

Shakespeare 400

Today is the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare's death. Could he had imagined those plays he wrote for his company would one day encircle the whole world and be performed from one end of the world to the other? Translated into different languages and spawn other plays and movies based on his plays? That schools of drama and english would exist to only study and perform his work?

I like to believe William was a regular guy with an amazing talent. (There is a whole school of thought that William Shakespeare never existed and is a pen name for other people.) I'm not here for that. I believe William Shakespeare lived and breathed just like I am now. He wrote from his heart, his imagination and his inspiration.

As one of my english teachers said, Shakespeare wrote the Soap Operas of his time. I always loved Shakespeare and believe his work is for everybody not the select few. I think the best way to get to know Will is to read his sonnets. Everything he wrote in the sonnets echo in his plays. Yes, everything. Love, Death, Passion, Love, Lust, Sex, Betrayal, Revenge, Heartache.

Here are two other Shakespeare posts I did last year reading Juliet's speech and And the year before.

Enjoy. Have a great weekend everyone.



Shellsigna

2 comments:

Lady Prism Living said...

Hello! I used to read you years ago! I'm so happy to find you still here and vibrant as ever!

Samantha Jane said...

It's pretty amazing how much of an impactful person he was, his work is somehow weaved into every facet of entertainment and even business. I bet he had no idea!

Swan of Dreamers Day

  Today is a big day here on Swan of Dreamers. I have been blogging here for sixteen years!! Wow. Though I'm not as active, as I like to...