Saturday, June 10, 2017

Judy Day: June 10

When I was a kid, a regular day could be made extra special if a Judy Garland movie came on. I even loved her in Gay Puree when she played the cat called Musette. Her plucky attitude, her beautiful voice and her pretty girl next door looks drew me in. She always felt like an old friend. I remember there were times, even during Summer, I wouldnt go out with my friends because a Judy Garland movie was on. Yes, I was and still am hardcore about her.



I read she didn't feel as beautiful as other actresses. I feel she was sadly mistaken.


Her vibrant personality always came out in one way or another.


One of my favorite quotes by Judy is this: "Why do people insist on seeing an aura of tragedy around me always? My life isn’t tragic at all. I laugh a lot these days. At myself, too. Lord, if I couldn’t laugh at myself I don’t think I’d be alive.”



This is one of Judy's best known quotes. It is so true "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."


A true triple threat that made acting, singing and dancing look effortlessly.


When I'm sad or blue, even now, I know Judy is there for me. She's a song or movie away.



It is sobering for me to be now older than Judy when she died. She died at 47. I'm 48. I like to dream of the magnificent things she would of done. God Bless you, Judy.




Shellsigna

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...