Thursday, October 9, 2014

Actors on Acting #2 : Halle Berry


Beyond the fame, money and glam of acting, there is the other side of acting. The business side which at its worst can be depressing and full of the isms that plague society. These quotes from Halle Berry reflect that.




There's art and there's commerce. You have to find a way to mesh the two. It's important to do the little movies just for the love of the art. But it's those big movies that take you around the world and make you globally famous.

You think I've got the highest award in my industry and all the best scripts are going to magically be outside my door ... and what I realize is that it doesn't happen. My life went back to relatively what it was. The struggle was still the same. Maybe people took my calls a little quicker but it really didn't materialize into something magical that would open up all these doors for me.

--HALLE BERRY




Shellsigna

2 comments:

Jennifer Michelle said...

That's very interesting and so not how we think of famous award winning celebrities. It makes her so much more relatable, that's for sure!

Joanna DeVoe said...

I wonder if that was specific to her or if that's the rule. I also can't help but wonder if that's because she's not a 23 year old blue eyed-blonde. Hollywood has expanded so much to include more color and shapes and ages, but it's still no where near an equal playing ground.

Love the quote though- I think that it's important that we all continue to strive for our best, regardless of whether doors magically open for us or not.

Swan of Dreamers Day

  Today is a big day here on Swan of Dreamers. I have been blogging here for sixteen years!! Wow. Though I'm not as active, as I like to...