Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Lena and Ricardo in Jamaica


About a year ago, I found this picture of Lena Horne and Ricardo Montalban
together.Then I googled to see they starred in a Broadway Musical together
called Jamaica in1957. It ran for 558 performances



Looking at these pictures of Lena and Ricardo, I am sure they were magic
together on stage.



The story is an island girl named Savannah (Lena Horne) wishes to leave her
home to live in New York City. Her plans are changed when a fisherman named Koli
(Ricardo Montalban) saved her brother's life. Meeting him changes everything...



This is a play I wished I had been able to see. As far as I know
no performances were ever filmed. There is an original soundtrack.
A kind soul uploaded it on you tube. This is my favorite song from
Jamaica. Here is Pity the Sunset sung by Lena Horne and Ricardo Montalban.
Enjoy.









Shellsigna

2 comments:

mzn said...

U R ABSOLUTLY RIGGT/ I SECOND U/ IF U ll find more plz share.

mzn said...

I am interesded for Pics on young Montalban. Plz share THanks

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...