Thursday, January 18, 2018

All about Luke

If you haven't see The Last Jedi stop reading.
This is a spoiler alert. If you don't give a
flying fig about Star Wars and Luke Skywalker then you can
stop reading this too. My mom took me to see
Return of The Jedi back in 83'. She fell asleep through the whole movie.
She woke up after the credits going did you enjoy the movie, Shell?
Yes, I did Mom. I totally get Star Wars isn't everyone's cup of tea.


The Last time we saw Luke in The Return
of The Jedi. He saved his father and the galaxy.
Yes! He is a Jedi finally.

via GIPHY


30 + plus years later, Luke
is now in full hermit mode. He has turned his
back on everything he loved and believed in.
WTF?!! Yeah. Mark Hamill wasn't initially
feeling where they had Luke go. Though he now
said he regrets airing his public thoughts. That he
hope people enjoy the movie. Mark says what Luke
goes through makes it more thrilling.


The Last Jedi takes everything you seen in
Star Wars and turns it on its head. I had no
idea where the movie was going. I appreciated
that. Risks were taken. Some of it paid off
and others didn't. If Star Wars is going to
continue, it has to be shaken up.
After seeing it a second time, it is still
hard for me to watch Luke go through all the pain
and regret he carries. This is not the Luke I knew
from before. To me, Luke is still a hero. He shows
that more poignantly when an old friend comes to give him
council. In life, things happen that can cause us to give
up. To lose faith in ourselves.

via GIPHY


At the end, Luke shows that he is still a Jedi.
That even in the face of his own regret and grief
,he is able to rise above it be the Luke Skywalker of
legend. Luke makes the ultimate sacrifice.
He gives his life to save Leia, Rey, The Resistance and
bring hope back to the galaxy. He transforms into The Force.
I cried both times I saw the movie. It was like
losing an old friend. Mark Hamill was wonderful
as the older and grief stricken Luke. There is a
push for him to be nominated for an Oscar. I love
that to happen for him.



I'll always love Luke Skywalker. He is my dear old
friend. I have learned much from him then and now.

via GIPHY


May The Force Be With You Always....





Shellsigna

No comments:

Swan of Dreamers Day

  Today is a big day here on Swan of Dreamers. I have been blogging here for sixteen years!! Wow. Though I'm not as active, as I like to...