Sunday, February 14, 2016

I love Journaling!

Happy Valentine's Day, my friends. I hope this day finds you spending time with the people you love the most.

Today, I wanted to share something I love with you today: Journaling. I have been keeping journals since I was 11 years old. My inspiration from keeping a journal came from Anne Frank. When I was 11, I watched a tv movie called The Diary of Anne Frank starring Melissa Gilbert as Anne. Though Anne died tragically at a young age, her diary has inspired people for generations including me.

When I heard Jaime Ridler, a wonderful creativity coach, was launching her Give a girl Journal program to inspire young girls to journal, I had to join in. Journaling is freedom for me. It's a place where I can express my feelings, ideas, thoughts and dreams. When you are growing up, you need a place to just be for yourself. Even as adults, we need that anchor that a journal or journals can give us as we navigate in our lives. I especially love looking back on my old journals, to see how far I have come. Reading the seed of ideas years in the making that have manifested wonderfully in my life.

My first journal was a 5 year book diary. Which I still have today.

Since then I have expanded that love that I now keep many journals. I have my regular journal for my life,

Here is an inside page I decorated.


Then the front cover.


My journal for my spiritual life. Here is a page I did to celebrate the Winter Solstice.


Here is my journal for all my creative ideas. A page with a script idea below.


Taking a regular dollar school notebook and transforming it into a cool cover for my creative journal.



If you want to know more about Give a Girl a Journal and see how you can get involved, click here for all the info.


Shellsigna

1 comment:

Deborah Weber said...

What a wonderful peek into your journaling world!

Wordless Wednesday: Spring