Friday, January 15, 2016

For Alan...

I love twitter. I hate to wake up to read on my twitter feed someone I really like pass away. We had a lot of famous deaths since 2016 began with Natalie Cole, David Bowie and now, Alan Rickman.



I remember going to see Die Hard and watching Alan Rickman play the villain. I had no idea who he was. I just knew he was amazing to watch on screen. After that, he made his name well known to many movie fans with Robin Hood, The Harry Potter Movies, Sense and Sensibility, Love Actually to name a few.


I can't really put into words what it was about him I liked. Perhaps it partly that incredible voice, that presence he just radiated on screen or that he could play villain, hero, romantic lead all convincingly.

Two of my favorite performances for me of Alan is from Galaxy Quest, which is a hilarious movie, and the telefilm Song of Lunch starring one of his favorite co-stars and friend, Emma Thompson.

I'm sure there are people who can talk more eloquently about Alan Rickman than I. I felt like I had to have this Friday post in honor of him. Sweet Travels, Alan. You will be greatly missed. Thank Goodness we all have this great work he left for us to watch.



I leave you with two videos of Alan reading using that gorgeous voice of his. The first one is Sonnet 130 by Shakespeare and the second a reading from Marcel Proust. Enjoy. Have a great weekend, my friends.








Shellsigna

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Lovely post about Alan Rickman Shell. I was very sad to hear he had died. I love Galaxy Quest, and him in it, and you are the first person I have seen mention it when talking about him. I watched Robin Hood again the other night as it was on tv and he is hilarious in that! Sad day.

Wordless Wednesday: Spring