Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer is Here!

Happy Summer Solstice, my friends. Summer is finally here. Are you a Heliophilia? I am. It is a person who has desire to stay in the sun;Lover of Sunlight. Of course, stay safe in the sun and wear sunscreen.

It seemed at first if we have a gray day, now the sun and blue skies are shinning through. Yay!☺





Even if it's a rainy or cloudy day on this first day of Summer, you can still have that Summer feeling. Think back to one of your favorite summer memories. One of my favorite memories is the july when I was 12. I went for a month to this great day camp at a local state park.I got to swim, play, run and bask in the sun. There was a camp counselor named Miguel. He was 16 and so cute. I had the biggest crush on him. I think now looking back he was a little sweet on me too. Miguel would endlessly tease and talk to me. When my month ended, I was so sad. There is a great footnote to this story.

Many years later, as an adult, I on was the subway going to work. Someone called my name, and I looked up and it was Miguel! He still looked the same. I had, of course, never forgotten him and it made my day to know he still remembered me.



Here is a short visualization to tune into that Summer energy. Close your eyes. Imagine it is an ideal Summer day for you. You can be anywhere in the world you wish. For me, it is being in a meadow of wildflowers. Lay down in your ideal place is. You have on your favorite piece of clothing in the world. Your feet are bare. The sun is directly overhead. Now, all that is left is to bask in the summer sun. Let all your cares and worries slip away. Feel the sun on your skin, smell the sweet air of Summer, and become one with the sunlight. You can stay here as long and as short as you wish. When you are ready, open your eyes.

Also, Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there especially my husband, Sean.

May this First day of Summer and the longest day of the year brings you joy, beauty and happiness. I hope you all have enjoyed my weekend posts in celebration of The Summer and The Summer Solstice. Let's make it a great Summer, everyone.




Shellsigna

1 comment:

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a sweet memory. Thanks for the visualization, I stayed there a long time, lol.
Happy summer!
Hugs,
Patti

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...