Friday, October 3, 2014

Jake The Great

Happy Friday, my friends. Today is very special day for me and Sean. It's Jacob's birthday!! My little boy is three. Three..it boggles my mind.

Jake in the spring on the Bryant Park carousel.



It's been a momentous week for us here. On Tuesday, Jake had to say goodbye to his wonderful teachers who came to our home via EIC program. On Wednesday, he started preschool.

This is Jake and me walking to school on his first day.


Jake was a little nervous. We got to walk him to his new class and said goodbye. I burst out crying when he was safely in his classroom. We stayed to watch him through a special glass for a few minutes.(We could see him, but he couldn't see us.) I told Sean that we can go. I knew the longer I stayed, the harder it be to leave.

He's at a great preschool. He seems happy there and the teachers say he is doing well. I do know it is a big change for him especially. As for us, we miss having him home. I know this is what all moms and dad's go through. Today, I am still a bit weepy. In time, it will all seem like he was always in school.

This is Jake on the train coming back from his first day.


Later on today, we are going to surprise Jake with his first school birthday party. That will be fun.

Well, my friends have a wonderful Friday and weekend. Big birthday wishes to all the Libras out there. I will see you all right back here on Monday.

Shellsigna

4 comments:

Dena Miller said...

Awww Shell, I remember those times when my children were little. So very special. Many blessings to you,Jake and your family♥

Jennifer Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! You can tell he is the most loved little boy in the world. He is just adorable Shell!

Tracy said...

I'm late to the party, but no less glad and Wishing your sweet Jake a VERY HAPPY 3rd Birthday year! Isn't he a lovely??!! And going to school... loved hearing about this, so sweet. He look soooo much like you, Shell! :o) ((HUGS))

Judy Hartman said...

Oh, that face, that smile!! What a beautiful boy you have, Shell! There is a light shining from within him for sure. Hope he had a happy day!

Swan of Dreamers Day

  Today is a big day here on Swan of Dreamers. I have been blogging here for sixteen years!! Wow. Though I'm not as active, as I like to...