Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Actors on Acting #1: James Garner

Hi, my friends. With my little one, hopefully going to preschool this fall. I feel the call of my acting singing to me. I have been making baby steps back to acting again. With that in mind, I'm inspired to introduce a new series here along with Dream Thoughts and Romantic Vignettes. It's called Actors on Acting. If your an actor, I hope you enjoy. If your not an actor, you'll get to see what actors feel about their craft. Hopefully you all will enjoy it.

I didn't get a chance to do a proper tribute to James Garner. With his handsome face and easy charm, it hid I feel how good of an actor he really was. When I found this quote, it made sense to me. Simple can be powerful too.



"I'm a Spencer Tracy-type actor. His idea was to be on time, know your words, hit your marks and tell the truth. Most every actor tries to make it something it isn't looks for the easy way out. I don't think acting is that difficult if you can put yourself aside and do what the writer wrote." - James Garner



Shellsigna

2 comments:

Jennifer Michelle said...

Wonderful man. I adore the concept of this series, as a fellow actor, as an artist.

Joanna DeVoe said...

Absolutely love this! Keep the dream alive!

Wordless Wednesday: Spring