Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dreamy Thursday: Old Time Radio Shows

Happy Dreamy Thursday everyone.
I'm sending big kisses to you all
for the wonderful response to my
pictures I showed of Sean, Jacob and I.


For this Dreamy Thursday, I'm sharing
my love of Radio in an 21st century way.
My mom use to share stories of when
she was a kid listening to shows on the radio.
That always fascinated me.




I recently found a treasure trove of radio
shows with classic stars as: Bette Davis,
Joseph Cotten, Cary Grant, Barbara Stanwyck
doing radio versions of movies! They have
Wuthering Heights, My Girl Friday, The Clock,
Snake Pit, Gaslight and so many others.
You have to go check it out for yourself.

So if your an old time classic movie fan like
me, I'm sure you love this. It's on the Youtube channel of TallulahDahling.
Just click the link.(If some reason the link doesn't work, just
search for TallulahDahling. Her channel will come up)
I'm currently listening to One Way Passage
starring Barbara Stanwyck and Robert Taylor.

I love to hear what is making you feel dreamy
these days. Also, you can follow Swan of Dreamers
now with bloglovin' and linkyfollowers!


Shellsigna

3 comments:

Tracy said...

VERY fun post, Shell to highlight old radio, which seems "lost" these days... I've always loved radio. I'd rather tune into something than watch TV, etc. :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh I adore old movies! And Bettie Davis is the BEST! I grew up watching black and white musicals on the TV on Sundays which makes me sound ridiculously old. Fred Astaire was my favourite and inspired me to start taking tap lessons.

John said...

No Doubt OLD IS GOLD


High School Diploma

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...